Friday, May 15, 2009

Final Assessment

This spring in MIS we learned pertinent information on the usage of various Microsoft programs which will apply to our business careers in whatever field it is that we pursue. One of the most functional and helpful programs – in my opinion – is the Excel program of Microsoft Office. Coming in, I had a general knowledge of how to use the software on the most basic, elementary levels, but now I feel I have a solid command on Excel. Spreadsheets are necessary for use when writing up job times, payment plans, savings plans, and anything else with a list which requires calculations.
A department I would like to have spent a little more time on is the Access database program. Though it may not be as useful throughout every day as excel is, I feel it may come in handy to know one day, maybe it may even land me a job! But back to Excel, it is the best program that Microsoft has to offer (and I am a MAC user).
This class was not only about how to use computer programs, but it also helped me develop as a person. With an instructor like Professor Jorisch I was able to focus on all of my work rather than having him demand I only do the course work for MIS. This fact allowed me to schedule my own daily life and figure out what works best for me in terms of time allotment. I really appreciate having had Professor Jorisch as my teacher and wish I could sign up for another class of his, though that is not the case here.
All in all, this class has been a great experience to be a part of and I look forward to applying these new skills later on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment